Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hump Day, and this week? it really is!

I've been working on this mail project at my summer job for over 5 weeks. It sucks. I hate it. Boring work. Lame Face. Boo. So now I'll tell you about it :)

The law firm where I'm working sent out a mass mailing, of maybe 7,000 envelopes, in the spring to the firm's entire MS Outlook contact list. About 750 of these envelopes got sent back because the information in MS Outlook was YEARS old. Some of the information for companies hadn't been checked for 8 years! So it's been my job, along with answering the phones, to research these companies online or using the phone book to find out why these envelopes got sent back to us. Sometimes it's been because the person who we addressed our mailing to isn't working for the company anymore ("You're looking for who? What? She hasn't worked here for 5 years! hahahahaha"), Sometimes it's because the company we mailed something to was bought out and changed its name, Sometimes it's because the business simply changed its address and we weren't notified. I've been entering the data changes in this excel sheet, which was bad enough, but NOW I have to go and make the corrections into MS Outlook too. And now, I stumbled upon a brand new pile of envelopes that need to be researched...

Oh. My. God. !!!
If I weren't going to be done with this job in 3 or 4 weeks I would quit. I hate doing these things.

Some new developments: I started making my HARRY POTTER shirt last night! Well, the red shirt color was a good choice and the iron-on letters I chose are very nice looking. The t-shirt paint is a bit complicated, but I'm working through it. I did a little lightning bolt on the front of the shirt, and I'm making a broom on the back tonight (you have to wait 24 hours for the paint to dry)!! I'm getting pumped for the book to come out on Friday night!! I think the fact that I spend 3/4 of my day talking to Rebecca in G-Chat about the book/our Harry Potter party this weekend helps with that.

Tonight Katelyn and I are painting Fairfield County, CT red! Well...maybe not. We ARE going to Trader Joes, The Darien Library, Al's Discount Liquor, and Starbucks though! I need to remember to wear a belt because the pulling up of pants is just not acceptable in Darien.

Later tonight: Mojito, 'Arrested Development', Harry Potter shirt.

When did life get so exciting?

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

hellooooo! i hope you had fun at the harry potter party. i watched a lot of news coverage about the book release while i was in the hospital. good times. i miss you!