Monday, July 23, 2007

Victoria Beckham is too skinny.

Just thought I'd point that out.
Yet again-another busy weekend full of traveling. So far this summer I've had two weekends in DC, a weekend in upstate CT, a weekend in Lancaster, PA... and now I can add Long Island, NY to that list.

The Harry Potter party was a success I'd say. I left my house around 8:15 (I was supposed to leave at 7:45 but I locked my keys in the car, again, and so was delayed. Luckily though as I was waiting for the tow truck to come I found a set of spare keys that I'd never noticed before! They were just hanging in the front hall, on the key rock, and I'd never looked at them or thought 'wow, that silver key has a toyota logo on it. maybe I should see if it works in my car'. So, LUCKILY, they worked! And I got to call the tow truck ppl and cancel!!), and got to Ivy's house around 10. The drive up was nice and WOW! The Throgs Neck bridge is really pretty. I am enjoying bridges very much lately.

I got to Ivy's house and Rebecca was already there along with Megan and Breanna. We went to Border's around 11 to wait in line for the doors to open and WHOA. Shit like 'Harry Potter' brings out the worst in people. It was kind of depressing...such a happy event like 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' coming out makes people yell at each other, curse, push, give diry looks-EW. CALM DOWN PEOPLE! So we got our books, read until 4 am and then went to sleep til 8 am. Woke up, breakfast, drove around to Port Jefferson to read by the beach/in a park...had some DELICIOUS burritos for lunch...came back and read on Ivy's porch and then I went home at night. It was relaxing and fun to catch up with Rebecca and Ivy. I ate some delicious vegan pies and baguettes and cookies etc. etc. <3 Now that's what summer should be, I think.

Saturday night was spent with Katelyn and Alex and Alex's mom (why can't I think of her first name right now?) chez Alex. We did Chinese for dinner, played some Vh-1 pop-up-video trivia (kill me), and played with sparklers on the front lawn. It was ok...
Might have been more fun if I wasn't really tired, bored from the aforementioned trivia game, feeling sorry for myself

Sunday I went to camp and spent some time with Kate on family visiting day. I miss camp. It was beautiful outside and I got to eat cookies (noticing a pattern?), see the lake, meet Kate's co-counselors. I drove her home for her day off and we watched some 'Arrested Development' (noticing a pattern?), ate bagels, sneezed (Kate, not me).

And now it's Monday already!

Today: work til 2:30, train into the city for my interview at Carnegie Hall, reading 'Harry Potter', going to bed early

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

good luck on your interview!