Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday: My day

40 minutes left of work for this week
I can do it. I can do it.
I'm the "Little Temp Person That Could" like "The Little Engine That Could". That book is crazy.

So, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" last night was great! It played outside at Sterling Farms golf course, right near Heather's house and THE temple (we always call it THE temple...like there's only one. Maybe there's only one to us. We're loyal people), and for a community theatre production I thought it was well-produced, well-designed, and I think everyone else who went enjoyed it similarly. They had this Asian theme to the scenery and costumes which was interesting...
Well, regardless. The idea of sitting outside and picnicking to Shakespeare is fun. Before the play started (Nana and I got to Sterling Farms an hour early, of course) they were playing the soundtrack to "Guys and Dolls"-how nice. It reminded me of being a kid again. I always want to feel like a kid again. I don't acknowledge or accept this adult phase in my life.

Besides that nice evening, I have two possible leads on jobs right now. One is as a human resources dept. assistant at Carnegie Hall in New York. I have an interview July 23. The other is for an entry-level job at NBC/Universal through family. I'm supposed to call this guy in the human resources dept. at NBC/UNI on Monday

Even though I'm going to DC on sad terms this weekend (to move out of my apartment and to mourn the loss of my step-dad's sister, Carol), I'm feeling good about it. I have everything packed and ready to go. My brother's driving so I can read in the car. Kate's coming, and so is my cousin Chris so I'll have some people to talk to during the ride. The hotel where we're staying has a POOL and some other nice 'amenities'. It'll be OK.

I've been looking up quotes from "The Office" to ease my boredom.

Here's a funny one:
Dwight Schrute: When you become close with someone, you develop a kind of sixth sense. You can read their moods like a book. And right now, the title of Michael's book is.. "Something Weird Is Going On...colon...What Did Jan Say? The Michael Scott Story...by Michael Scott. With Dwight Schrute."

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

Hi! dude, youve had this blog since the spring and i never knew about it???? well i have it now, but it will take awhile to read it all. i hope all is well. love you!