So, I feel very full at the moment.
This might be because: I had a big snack right before dinner (my mom offered!), I've been drinking a lot of water today, I have my period and have been eating a lot in general, I drank too much last night and might still be kind of hungover...?
That being said, I've had a very good weekend. Like I posted on Friday, I got a ticket to go see Kristyn in Honduras which is super, super, super exciting news! I am so thankful to my mom for helping me out with that. I am very lucky in some respects...I was able to tell my mom I wanted to go on this vacation and using her air miles she just got a ticket for me. I doubt vacation planning is as easy for many people. Now, in the upcoming months, I can research and have fun preparing for the trip! I wonder if I have to get any shots?
Saturday, I went shopping with Katelyn. I needed to get a gift for my holiday party tomorrow, and a gift for David, Josh, Kate and the rest of my mom's present. So, Katelyn and I hit up Norwalk and went to Barnes & Nobles, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, Kohls, the liquor store (not for holiday presents hehe) and probably some other stores I can't think of right now. I wore my new coat even though it was kind of warm outside and I was getting a bit sweaty. I wanted to wear it! I was able to get a $10 B&N gift card for my holiday party and another $25 B&N gift card for David. I looked at Best Buy for 'Family Guy: Season 5' on DVD for Josh but it was $$$. So I used their display computers to look up amazon.com, and realized that it was cheaper to buy it online. I feel kind of weird about using Best Buys' computers to do online shopping somewhere else...but oh well! I mean, I didn't BUY the DVDs online while I was at the store. And, I got a winter hat for myself at TJ Maxx. It might be funny looking, but it's warm and was cheap.
Then last night, I went into Astoria for my 2 Chanukah parties. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN :) I really miss going to parties like that all the time, like I did in DC. The first party was at Erin sister's house, Mara, and was pretty low-key. There were about 15 people there, we made some latkes, some people played Rummikub, Miriam and I had a few vodka cranberries-fun! I really like Erin's family and friends. They're SO nice and welcoming. I feel like I've known them for a really long time and as I'm trying to make a group of friends in the city I appreciate their hospitality very much. And I feel like they appreciate my quirks and I can just be my dorky self around them.
Miriam, who works with me, came out with us for the first time since I've been at JNF. It was really nice to spend time with her outside of work. I mean, we've gone shopping together before but not to parties or anything like that. She's a lot of fun and really silly. Debbie and her brother Jason, and a few other people from work came and met us at Mara's later and then we headed off together to Gabby's party. Gabby's party was more crowded and by the time we got there we were all sort of drunk and pretty funny. The subway took a long time to come so we drank some of my vodka out of the bottle...
Anyway, we took control of the ipod and danced in a big circle and sang-LOUDLY. I guess it was preparation for the holiday party...? Except not really because I probably shouldn't drink that much since the CEO, CFO, COO, my boss and a lot of other important people will be there. Maybe I'll set a limit of 3 drinks or something for myself. It IS open bar so I kind of HAVE TO drink something, right?
I felt last night, for the first time in a little while, like I have a little group of friends in New York. And that's a great feeling :) I really like the people I've been meeting lately. They don't compare to my friends from college, of course, but they're fun!
I don't think this entry reads well because I'm tired and slightly hungover still and have my period and am just distracted. But, that was my weekend in a nutshell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you had such a fun weekend! that`s good! i played baseball today, so i`m really happy about that. i`m currently stranded in town, waiting for my counterpart to come get me to take me back up the mountain to the house. the internet cafe is staying open late just for me. it`s ridiculous, i can`t wait until i live in town and don`t have this problem. i miss you!
Post a Comment