Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thinking about dating...sort of

Wow, it seems like everywhere I go this week people are talking about dates and dating. It's weird, or maybe normal and I'm the weird one. I think it's more probable that I'm the weird one. It seems like dates get set up everywhere: the mall, walking on the street, on the subway, at the grocery store. It seems like it's pretty easy to "score" a date.
My sister, went on a date recently. My mom told me this morning, really randomly while we were watching TV, that when I'm looking for a 'life partner or husband' (does that mean she thinks I'm a lesbian?) I should try to find someone with a generous spirit. As opposed to all those selfish bastards I'm dating now? Now, I'm watching one of my new favorite shows 'Samantha Who?' on abc.com and in the episode Samantha's mom is trying to set her up on a date (For the record, even though she's cute and funny and has a job and everything SHE doesn't care about going on dates either! She also has amnesia...whatever). Monique, the "out there" Australian girl at work gets asked out all the time. And she's "out there" and has weird hair.

Is dating, or being in a romantic relationship, some BIG thing? I have plenty of other stuff to do, dating just doesn't fit in!

Anyway, besides that rant, things are going OK. I had a stressful 'why can't I seem to find an apartment' night on Thursday and then I woke up with tightness in my chest on Friday. Which is freaky anyway, but moreso if you don't have insurance and don't want to pay $100+ to go to the doctor. But, it's gone now.

Things at work are good as usual. In TWO WEEKS I complete my 3 month trial period and will get my benefits!! I'm excited! We're having our office holiday party on the 10th so that's something to look forward to. AND my boss will be out of the office Monday-Wednesday, which means if I want to I can take a bit of a longer lunch break and tell my friends that it's ok for them to come to my desk to talk to me.

National Novel Writing Month is over, and I didn't finish my novel :( but, I did get to almost 35,000 words. If you want to you can read what I've written here:http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/221641
I'm going to keep working on it though, esp. since I should have more free time at work next week. It's just been hard writing since my computer's power cord is shredded and I'm waiting for the new one to be sent to me. It should be here next week, hopefully?

I'm going to look at two more apartments tomorrow...if it DOESN'T snow. I completely forgot about snow and how inconvenient it can be. Though, since I'm in the northeast this winter, it shouldn't be as big a deal because they have street plows and things like that. Not like DC. The apartments sound nice...but we'll see. I feel like I should write a book about my apartment-hunting experiences. I've met some WEIRD people and seen some WEIRD places. The girl from the apartment I liked last Sunday hasnt' gotten back to me-bitch. I just e-mailed her and we'll see what she says. Kate says that probably means she doesn't want me as a roomate. HOW DARE SHE?!

Josh is picking me up in half an hour and we're going to do a little shopping and then go to the movies. I need some sweaters at Kohls, want to pick up a few books at Barnes & Nobles for holiday presents. He wants to go somewhere and get lunch, though I dont' really feel like paying for lunch today. We'll see...

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

dating is completely overrated. the other day on a bus, this man was selling fake pills, and he asked if i had a boyfriend, and i said no, i have too much work for a boyfriend, (what a lie), and then he said he could find me a boyfriend. his brother is just as handsome as he is, if i want to meet his brother. i laughed at him and said no.

i hope the apartment search is going better. i will read your novel sometime, when my computer is fixed. i´m reading a book now i think you would like. Prep. it´s about a girl from indiana who goes to a boarding school near boston. she kind of reminds me of me in middle school.

this is getting to be a long comment. i´m waiting for gmail to open, and its not opening and i dont think its going to, and i really really need to email my project manager to see what i need to do to move into the house i want to move into. ok miss you. adios!