Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Officially moving in

I went over to my NEW apartment tonight and paid my deposit and first month's rent. And I got the keys.

I'm officially moving in!
It was nice talking to the roommates and even though I asked a few times they really don't need me to bring anything. I'm bringing my bar table though :) They seemed happy about that.

Ugh. I'm TRYING to post pictures that I took tonight but it's not working.


OK, just kidding. If I post the pictures, without editing them, it'll work. They're just going to be blurry. Oh well.

(the livingroom)

(the diningroom/Jamie's room/the livingroom from afar)
(the kitchen/my roommate Larry)
(the hallway leading to my room/Larry's room/the bathroom/hall closets)
(Entering my bedroom)
(Another angle of the bedroom, which, measures 11 x 15.5 feet)

(A view of Manhattan from the subway in Astoria. NOTE-this is not my subway stop, but I just thought it was pretty and since no one really knows what Astoria looks like...)
(Another view of Manhattan from the subway in Astoria)

ANYWAY...VERY EXCITED AND HAPPY RIGHT NOW! I'm looking into getting movers to move my nightstand, dresser, desk, bookshelves and bed headboard...I know it doesn't really make financial sense but I HATE MOVING furniture, esp. with my mom and David...it's horrible. I think it's worth the money to have peace of mind.

Also, I talked to Ashlee today who's back in the states for vacation from teaching in Mexico. She might come to NYC this weekend with Jon and Dave (I mean not come WITH them, but meet up with us and stay over

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

THAT`S SO EXCITING! i`m really happy for you :) i think you should hire movers, it will be worth it. an investment to preserve your sanity. i can`t wait to see pics of your apartment w all your stuff in it. i`m really happy and excited about moving, too. i think about it all the time. there`s a lot i have to buy. like there`s no kitchen in the house, so i have to buy a stove and toaster oven and kitchen stuff. i`m so excited!