So, I FINALLY, found an apartment! I found out the news this morning and have been calling everyone/e-mailing everyone I know to tell them the story!
Basically, I replied to a bunch of craig's list ads on Tuesday. And I got a call Tuesday night, while I was out to dinner with Kate, from Jamie. I talked to Jamie on the phone that night for 25 minutes or so and we got along really well. And she invited me to come look at the "place" Thursday night. Thursday night it snowed and was cold but I trudged over there anyway...and now I'm really glad I did!
The apartment is the third floor of a house on 45th St. in Astoria.
View Larger Map
Or more specifically:
View Larger Map
It's 1 block from the 46th St. Subway stop on the R, V and G lines (very convenient to get to Manhattan/to work). The room for rent, MY ROOM, is the biggest bedroom in the apartment. IT has a view of the Manhattan skyline (so pretty), and its own walk-in closet AND half-bath off of it (which'll be so nice for getting ready in the mornings and just in general)! The roomates, a guy and a girl (not dating, named Jamie and Larry) are really funny and cool. Larry graduated in '06, and Jamie just graduated in May and they're friends from college. So...I e-mailed Jamie this morning to tell her I really liked the apartment and that I thought she and Larry seemed cool. So...she e-mailed me back and offered me the apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called her back a little while later and we talked and I'm going over there on Tuesday to pay first month's rent/deposit. AND THEN I WILL OFFICIALLY HAVE THIS APARTMENT!!!!!
I can't believe this is working out so well.
Actually, now I'm kind of scared something bad will happen to take this away. Hopefully not.
I have to do some shopping, which, since I shop all the time anyway and love to shop, is fun news! I have major organizational issues, so I want to buy some shelves and hanging-things and stuff so that I can be organized in my new apartment from the beginning. I would like to get: a shoe organizer for the bottom of my closet, some type of desk (I was thinking of getting a small flat table and then buying a set of plastic drawers separately to put under the table to serve as a makeshift desk. This way, since the apartment is a third floor walk-up, it's one less heavy thing to carry up when I move in), and some type of clothes-hanger-organizer thing (like a double hanger set so you can hang more than one shirt/pair of pants on each hanger). Since I'm getting a queen sized bed also, I need new sheets/comforter. What color should I get? I was thinking of green or purple or red.
So I have a lot of planning to do! I'm going over on Tuesday to give Larry my deposit, so when I do that I'll measure the room and take pictures of the apartment and post them up here. I hope they don't think I'm crazy...
"Now that you've agreed to let me move into the apartment, let me take pictures of the place and measure it..."-awkward.
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment