I'd like to say that I'm prepared for my first day of work on Monday. That I know exactly what I'll be wearing. That I know how hard the commute will be. That I'll be able to take on all the challenges my boss will give to me.
But I don't know if I can say any of those things. I'm sure it will take me a long time to get used to waking up at 6 am. I'm sure there'll be a few nights where no one can pick me up at the train station and I'll have to take the bus home. I'm sure that my new job will be challenging, that I'll wonder if I can "do it", that I'll sit at my desk in the afternoon and want nothing more than to take a nap.
Regardless, I'm still excited. I bought my week-pass train ticket yesterday on my way home from Rosh Hashanah services. I've come up with a tentative track listing for a Mix CD I'll play on the 7:05 train from Noroton Heights to Grand Central. I guess I'm as ready as I could possibly be.
So how have I been spending my last few days of freedom? I guess they've been passing by the same way that my first days of freedom did...but with less angst and less uncertainty.
I've been reading a few books ("Slapstick" by Kurt Vonnegut and "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss), I've been watching more TV than I probably should (Celebrity Rap Superstar, Made, What Not To Wear, Oprah, Dr. Phil), I've been taking naps with my cats (don't judge...), going shopping, mixing a few cocktails (new recipe: orange juice, sours mix, vodka and tonic water), going to Rosh Hashanah services and listening to some new music.
It's been a good week, overall.
Some goals for the upcoming year (I'm going big): To be open-minded in a real way,To be nice in an honest way, To do my best, To ask more questions, To do my own thing and, the biggest of all, To not be afraid.
I don't want to be afraid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay becky! i know you´ll do great and i´m really excited for you. also, those are awesome goals you´re setting. misss you! i´ll email you tommorrow to let you know my site and you should email me to let me know about work. my phone isn´t working or i would call. :(
have fun tommorrow!
Post a Comment