Friday, September 7, 2007

I got a job!!!!!!!!!!

I will remember, in my life book-of-dates, that September 6, 2007 is the day that I got my first full-time, contract w/ benefits, job. :) :)

Here's everything I know about the job:
-I'm working at the Jewish National Fund's U.S. headquarters in New York.
-I'm going to be a receptionist/guest-greeter/assistant events planner.
-My supervisor is named Elisa, she's on facebook, she speaks French, is about 25, and is really nice.
-The hours for the job are Monday-Thursday 8:30-5:30, and Friday 8:30-1:00.
-I get all Jewish holidays and all Federal holidays off!
-I have to dress nicely for the job, but not in a suit or anything.
-The office is in what used to be a privately owned mansion on the upper east side. It has vaulted ceilings and a central spiral staircase. There are 5 full floors of offices.
-Because I'm on the mezzanine level of the office, I get to feel the full blast of the AC coming in from the welcome area! Everyone else's offices are stuffy...not mine!
-I start working on September 17th

I think that's it. Time will tell...
If anyone is curious about The Jewish National Fund and what it does:
http://www.jnf.org

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

becky!!!! i am so happy for you! that sounds really nice. and you start your job the day i find out where i´ll be working! we get our site assignments the 17th.
woo hoo.