Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mika

I've been really 'into' the singer Mika lately. I had heard of him but only really got hooked after Katelyn copied his CD onto my personal hard drive.

I don't even know where to begin re: my love of Mika. First of all, he's cute! yay! I know I don't have to SEE him when I'm listening to his CD but an attractive mental image while singing along in the car doesn't hurt. I mean, why else did so many guys used to listen to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera? Because they sing well (well, not so much Britney...or really, not at ALL Britney) AND are hot. It's all about the 'package'. We, people, Americans, 20-somethings-we need package deals. Forget the cheap airfare, we need a cheap hotel and spa to go along with it.

Ok, the second reason I love Mika is that his songs are just catchy and fun! Sometimes it's important to listen to songs about real issues. Yes, I listen to Bad Religion and U2, I sing along to Tupac and Kanye West. But, when I want to just relax and not think about anything, Mika is my new go-to guy. With all this job-search, finding a place to live, what am I doing with my life, I miss my friends business that's been going on lately I really enjoy having Mika's carefree pop songs to dance to.

The third reason I love Mika is because he has a song about 'big girls' called, surprisingly, 'big girl (you are beautiful)'. Who else has songs about loving big girls? hehehe. See? I'm laughing just thinking about it. And he also has a song about lollipops called 'Lollipop' and a song about a straight man finding out he's gay, "Billie Brown". No one else in mainstream music today is writing songs about these topics-yay for Mika!

So, I've been a busy, busy bee lately. And it's been fun. But I'm ready for a break now. I kind of need to decide what I'm doing with my life...the season of summer road trips has officially ended for me.

I went to DC last weekend and had a great time catching up with everyone. I got to see Julia, Giuliana, Erin, Jon, Rainu, Melissa, Vanessa-what a lucky person I am! I won't go into all the details of what I did, but I will write some trip highlights:

-Dinner Friday night w/ Giuliana, Julia, Adam and Jason . Our waiter was super-awkward, my cherry juice was delicious, and the restaurant where we ate was beautiful inside! I don't know if the food was so great but I'm a fan of atmosphere.

-Taking a walk with Julia on Saturday past the dog park in Arlington, VA. It was amazing to see this huge track of land with just dogs...running around...playing. It was like 'planet of the apes' only with dogs. I guess that would make it 'planet of the dogs' then. Anyway, it blew my mind a little.

-Dinner w/ Rainu, Melissa, Vanessa and Jon on Saturday night at 'Capitol City Brewing Company'. I had this berry beer which was delicious and it was nice to catch up with everyone. It might have been a bit ambitious, since no one knew each other (well except Melissa and Rainu), but I think it went well.

-Saturday night SWING DANCING in Georgetown with Jon and his friend Bryna (who we ran into when we got there-random). I've wanted to go swing dancing for a long time, and to have my dream realized, at the Kennedy Center, a place I love, for free, was just amazing. Jon's not the best dancer ever...so that was interesting...but I taught him a few moves.

-Saturday night sitting in Jon's room on my deflated air mattress and with him wrapped in his comforter just talking for a few hours. I love talking with my friends.

-Sunday, brunch in Dupont with Erin, Jeremy and Jon. I love COSI. I could probably eat their bread every day and not feel bad. Jon and Jeremy were chatting about Georgetown law stuff...aw.

So that was my weekend. I had two interviews in New York yesterday, a phone interview today, and I have two more interviews scheduled in New York for tomorrow. Things are picking up!!

AND, I got to talk to Kristyn yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
What a good week!

No comments: