So I guess I've been kind of busy lately. It's nice being busy and having things to do. It makes time go by really quickly!
First of all, I had a busy week last week. I went to a free movie screening of an Israeli film called 'The Band's Visit' at the Manhattan JCC with Kate. The movie was really funny and it was nice to spend time with Kate and go to a new place (the JCC). Another night after work, I had dinner with Erin and her family and THEN, ANOTHER NIGHT, I volunteered for the first time! I was an English speaking partner with a nice lady from the Dominican Republic :) Is it bad that I can't remember her name? IT was really rewarding to be able to help her with her pronunciation of things and to do something for someone else. I think about myself too much.
But anyway, more about me now ;)
Last weekend I went to Temple again (on Friday night) with Erin, Debbie and Jason. We went back to the Lesbian/Gay/Transgender synagogue and I actually ran into someone I know there-Adam (my nana's best friend's grandson). He's gay...I wonder if he thinks I'm a lesbian now? After services we all went back to Astoria and had DELICIOUS CHEESE FONDUE. We did fondue in college a few times and it was great. This fondue was even better though. Jason's a really good cook so he was able to put in all these awesome seasonings and MMM.
Saturday, I met up with Elizabeth from study abroad in Paris and we went to The Cloisters museum and then did dinner. I had such a great time! I haven't spent one on one time with her since May 2006...so we had a lot of catching up to do! We joked around and I found that I didn't really have to "think of things" to talk about wit her. We had plenty to talk about and the time passed really quickly. One of my favorite things was taking the bus down from 190th St. to 100th St. where we had dinner. I think buses are a great way to learn about a city. It's sightseeing without the effort and title of it.
Saturday night, Erin, Debbie and I went to Gabby's apartment in Astoria (where else. It's so nice that we all live here!) and had a few drinks and talked. It was a lot of fun to have silly girl time. It made me miss my friends though...
Remember playing MASH in the berks last year?
Sunday, Josh came to see my apartment for the first time. We had a really nice time. He seems to be in better spirits now which is good. He was telling me about some NEW FRIENDS he made at work which makes me really happy. I want him to have friends! We went grocery shopping, then to this little cafe across the street from my apartment-so cute. There was live music!!
Last night, I had dinner with my cousin Chris downtown. He goes to NYU and lives right in Chinatown so we went for Chinese food! It was delicious and fun to see Chris and hear him talk about what he's doing in school and his life at NYU. I'm really happy that he went to NYU. I think he's learned a lot and gotten to break outside his bubble. I'm also glad that he and I get along as friends. We've never hung out just the two of us so it's nice to know that we can do dinner or coffee or go to a concert together and have fun :)
And tonight, it's snowing! It's really pretty to be in the city when it's snowing. I almost slipped a few times but whatever. I was happy to come home after work today (and after going to the post office-what a crazy place. The woman working wouldn't let me use her pen and kept saying that I'd filled things our incorrectly so she kept making me get out of line to correct things! IT WAS REALLY ANNOYING! Not to mention the fact that I waited in line 15 minutes to begin with) and watch an episode of Heroes, cook a delicious pizza (cheese with brocoli and sliced tomatoes...mmmm) and hang out now. I might watch an episode of 'Weeds' now and then go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you´ve been so busy lately! and you were worried you´d have no friends in new york! youre so friendly and personable, of course youre going to have friends :) keep having fun. i´m so happy to hear you like astoria and the people around you.
I cant believe its taking you so long to watch Weeds! i love that show, i think if i had it, i wouldnt do anything else but watch it.
Post a Comment