So today is the 'morning after' a few things:
The SUPERBOWL
and
MY WEEKEND WITH ANDREA
Both went really well :)
Andrea came into town Friday night, around 7:30. It was raining and really cold AND really windy (a person can only take so much bad weather at once!) but we made the best of it. We went over to Debbie/Jason's and played games and talked. It was really nice :) We had some wine and cheese (the cheese was especially delicious!) and margaritas (I actually didn't have wine but had one margarita instead. Otherwise-EW. wine and margaritas in the same sitting?)
Saturday, we did SERIOUS shopping. I had heard about a big target/mall near my apartment so I looked it up online and Andrea and I went. WOW. The more I learn about my neighborhood the more I love it! It really does have everything! So now, in addition to having NY&Co./Modells/Gap/Victoria's Secret/Payless/Starbucks 5 minutes from my apartment, I also have TWO BIG MALLS 5 subway stops away!
Consequently, Andrea and I spent four hours shopping at: H&M, Target, Macy's, Daffy's, Famous Footwear (got two pairs of shoes for $22!). It was a lot of fun :) And it's good to know that there's a target so closeby. I can't live without target.
We made dinner together (a delicious pizza with brocoli and tomatos MMMM) and then got ready to go out. We met Kate at a bar downtown in the east village for drinks-hooray! Considering the fact that I live in Queens it really doesn't take that long for me to get from my apartment to downtown Manhattan. It was probably 30 minutes door to door! Which makes it really easy to go out at night. Though, none of the trains near my house run at night...so not perfectly easy.
We had a good time at drinks. We went to one bar called "telephones" which has British telephone booths as the entrance and is really neat inside. The drinks weren't that great there though. So then we went to a little pub a few blocks away and had cider, and shots :) I really LOVE alcoholic cider! It's so much better than beer!
We got home not too late, around 1:30, and went to bed. Sunday morning was pretty relaxing. Andrea was working a news story for her internship and I read and watched TV while she did that. Then we walked around near my apartment, got some bagels (there is a bagel place about 10 sts. away that has the BEST bagels! They're warm and gooey...MMM. I could kind of go for one right now) Then we went and got Andrea's ears pierced (she got a second hole), back to my apartment, and off to Erin's sister Mara's apartment for a superbowl party!
Well, the party was pretty funny. There were about 15/20 people, 2 TVs, 2 "viewing rooms" and lots of food. The TVs were off from each other, so one room was watching the game 5 seconds ahead. I was in the room with the slower TV, so we'd be watching the game, then hear big cheers from next door, and then see a good play/bad play happen. It kind of ruined the suspense of the game but I don't really care about football so it didn't matter to me. One of Mara's sister's fiance's co-workers stumbled into our room DRUNK. And then proceeded to have 8 more beers. And spill all over the place and not clean up. And then CLEAR AWAY OUR FOOD as we're eating it. You can't clean up your huge spills but you can take away our food as we're eating it?
So Andrea, Debbie, Jason and I are sitting there laughing hysterically as this guy tries to talk about the Giant's strategy with us. He couldn't put two coherent words together.
I mean, as it was we were already sitting in a room without food, with a delay on our TV, to have this drunk guy there was just so ridiculous. But annoying. But also funny. And then his friend came in to sit with us and just kept screaming "GOD DAMNIT-GO BABY GO". He probably said that 80 or 90 times. Tourettes?
So finally these guys leave our room...
And then we hear a tap on the window and he's STANDING OUTSIDE LOOKING IN AT US. WEIRD!
The game ended. We went back to my apartment and Andrea worked on her story some more. Went to bed...woke up and she left. It was really nice having her-not weird at all like I thought it might be. We had a lot to talk about. We laughed a lot. We did some fun barhopping and shopping. Ate some good food.
All in all a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment