So, I talked to Kristyn today and she pointed out that it's been a while since I wrote in here.
It's because I...
started another blog :( I feel so ashamed and yet HAPPY because I like the other blog too! It's fun to write in...but in a different way. In this blog I can write about what's really going on in my life and share more personal things. But in the other blog I can be creative and explore different topics. They both have their pros and cons. But I can't just ignore this one. At least not yet.
So the past few weeks have gone by quickly which is probably why I forgot to write in here.
Let's see...
My boss went on vacation to Argentina a few weeks ago which made work really nice. It's not that I don't like my boss or that she isn't a good boss. Because she is. She's just high maintenance sometimes and she stresses me out when she's stressed. Seriously. I feel like she tries to stress me out. So it's nice when she's out of the office because I can just sit quietly at my desk without worrying about her, and I can go visit my friends at their offices more without wondering if she'll come to find me to give me something stupid to do when I'm away from my desk.
I've been doing some stuff for the education department at work for the past two weeks which is actually nice. I feel like they really appreciate my help. And I feel like the work they give me to do is directly related to JNF and is useful...as opposed to the work my boss gives me which is mostly irrelevant ('becky, can you look up the prices of dumbells for the CEO? he's starting personal training classes and i need to buy him some workout equipment'-that's not my job!). I got to do some work with <3 Ira which was nice. Though he's really bad at explaining things. And I'm helping Erin to copy checks, and I helped Debbie send out some e-mails. I'm a Jack-of-All-Trades! And now I get an alternative spring break SWEATSHIRT! SWEET! I love FREE sweatshirts!
The weeks all kind of blend together as sad as that sounds. But it's not a bad thing. I just have a routine here...so there's not much that changes from week to week, except the weekends. I usually stay in a few nights a week and try to do dinner/drinks the other nights. Last week Erin, Deb, Miriam, Mara and I went out for drinks one night. And then another night we all went downtown with some of Debbie's other friends for Trivia at a bar. WE WON! There were 6 rounds of trivia, each with 10 questions, and about 20 teams playing. We got the most points
(I think it was the round of 'Seinfeld' trivia that gave us the win)...incase you didn't understand that that's how people win trivia. :)
The weekend of February 16th Jon and Co. had a big Brandeis reunion in New York. So I took part in that and it was a lot of fun. Jon has so many friends! Sometimes it's kind of annoying but other times it's really fun to get a big group of people together to go out to dinner or drinks. There are so many people to talk to-how can you get bored? So, Jon has a lot of friends in NYC and I got to see all of them. We hung out in Dave K.'s apartment on the upper west side for a while...it's a really cool apartment. A few blocks away from central park and near lots of cute little restaurants. It feels more 'new york' over where he lives than where I live in Astoria. We did Thai dinner and drinks downtown one night, then the next day hung out and took a walk. Then we did dinner by Times Square which was fun. I got to re "meet" Jackie, Jon's girlfriend. I actually LIKED her a lot! We got along so well! I think this is the official sign that I'm over Jon. I didn't care about them PDA-ing or talking about their relationship or anything! Also, I get along really with Dave K. and Dan L. so I think I'm going to try to hang out with them on my own since they both live in the city :)
The weekend of the 23 I was sick...gross. I feel like I've been getting colds and stuff lately. I don't like it! The city is just so dirty and everyone seems to always be getting sick...how can I avoid that really? So, I hung out in my apartment a lot and got a hair cut (I'd already had it scheduled). I went over to Debbie's one night with Erin and Mara and we had pizza and then went over to Gabby's for a little get-together. We kind of stuck together and got bored so we left early...which was fine since I wasn't feeling well.
Last weekend I went home which was nice. But again, I was kind of sickish. I had a slight fever but still managed to do a few things. I went outlet shopping with my mom, had lunch/went shopping with my brother, slept since I wasn't feeling well, had some delicious fondue for dinner one night...
It was a nice, relaxing, family weekend. And I got to see my cats which made me very happy.
I can't write anymore.
Atlantic City with Jon this weekend?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment