Friday, January 25, 2008

My week so far

This week feels like it's been really long...even though I've only worked two full days and it's Friday morning. It feels like it should be next Thursday or something.

After my nice, day off on Monday I headed back to work on Tuesday. Things were going really well. The "young people" in the office had planned an ice-skating outing for Tuesday night, I was all excited to get to spend some time with Ira outside of the office building, I was wearing my new sweater from Old Navy, Ira im'd me in the morning to ask me about my day off...and then he sang to me over im... (I might be making this sound more romantic than it was. The song was "Lucky" by Britney Spears but I still thought it was cute) Then we had a celebration in the afternoon for the Jewish holiday Tu B'Shevat (Jewish Earth Day)...Ira sat next to me...the people in my office are really weird/random. It was fun/funny.

And then ice skating was cancelled and pushed to Wednesday. Fine. Debbie and I went for drinks in Astoria and had fun and everything was OK. I told the bartender that I wanted to try something new so she made me an 'Alabama Slammer' which I LOVED! It had orange juice, cranberry juice, amaretto and southern comfort...with a cherry on top! MMM.

I went home and watched 'Heroes' with my roommate Jamie (So, I got her to start watching it so that I could have someone to watch it with and so I could watch it in the livingroom on the big TV without feeling like I was being a TV hog...and now I think she likes the show more than I do!), went to bed...

I woke up at 4 am with HORRIBLE stomach cramps. I couldn't sleep. I felt like I needed to throw up but I wasn't throwing up...I was just nauseous and ugh. I guess I fell back asleep and I woke up at 7 to my alarm. I showered. I sort of stood around...decided to get dressed...called my mom and asked her if I should go to work...decided to go to work...(I had my interview for the marketing assistant position anyway so I really wanted to go in)


I had my interview for the marketing assistant position. Which took 5 minutes and basically consisted of the marketing director at JNF telling me that I haven't been working here long enough for her to consider me for the position but that she's "really glad that I'm interested in working for her department and now that she knows I'm interested she'll keep me in mind for job openings in the future. She was really nice about it but I just felt sick anyway and then I was rejected. I walked back to my desk and sat there trying not to cry. I had a strong feeling that I hadn't been here long enough to be promoted but it still felt bad to be rejected for something that I wanted.

I ended up going home early and sleeping for most of the day. I woke up around 6:30, got some gatorade from the RITE-AID two blocks away, watched TV and went to bed at 10:00. Thursday I woke up feeling much better, went to work and...

MY NEW IPOD WAS WAITING FOR ME :) I was so excited to get it! It's silver-so pretty! Skinny, beautiful display-I couldn't wait to bring it home! Luckily, Debbie has an IPOD charger that she keeps at work so I was able to charge the ipod at work.

So last night I, obviously, set the IPOD up! It's official name is 'baby' like the TLC show 'Bringing home Baby'. I don't know why I thought of that name but I just felt like my new ipod was a little baby being brought home for the first time last night :) I have about 7,000 songs on it and I'll put more on later but in the meantime, for my trip to DC, it'll do.

And finally, to end this long, eventful, been sick and now feeling better, flirting with Ira and now he's out of the office, watching 'Heroes' and being tired week, I'm going to DC! It was Gerardo's birthday yesterday and it's Vanessa's birthday tomorrow so I'm hoping to celebrate with both of them. And possibly see Melissa? I'm staying with Jon tonight near Union Station and then heading over to Julia's NEW apartment in Arlington tomorrow night. Doing dinner with Giuliana, Jason, Erin, Jeremy, Julia and Adam tomorrow night. Possibly seeing my boss, Mike, from my internship? Heading back to New York on Sunday afternoon.

Nap on the bus down to DC? yessss

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

that is an eventful week. it sucks being sick. a couple weeks ago i had a terrible terrible headache and i felt like throwing up. it was terrible and i was all alone. but now we are feeling better! and sorry about the job interview. it doesn´t reflect at all on your abilities, you haven`t been working there for that long and a lot of people want the postition. it is disapointing, though, i know. congrats on your ipod baby! my ipod mini is slowly dying. i hope you had fun in dc!