My summer work experience was finished with an employee breakfast Thursday morning. Jackson-Lewis doesn't hold back when it comes to catered meals. Our "humble" breakfast included an omelet chef, belgian waffles, a bagel platter, a pastry platter and a huge fruit plate. YUM. I wish I was one of those people who could just eat and eat and eat and never gain weight. I love the taste of food.
After work ended, I went and got my hair(s) cut. HM. It's the shortest that I've had it in recent years (a little below chin length) with side bangs (eh...don't know how I feel about that since I just spent a year+ growing out my side bangs from sophomore/junior) and layers. It's fun and something new at least. I like it.
Then, I headed up to the cape to a seriously delayed beach vacation! What a great long weekend :) I went to the beach a couple times, took a long bike ride, did some shopping, ate some GREAT food, played with the kittens, read some great books...
I feel fulfilled and rested and happy. And ready to start my job search! I might be lying about that...
I got home from The Cape and then, an hour later, I drove into the city with Katelyn for a Mae concert. The concert, well the part when Mae was playing, was FUN! They released a new CD yesterday so they played new songs from that and, of course, some of the old favorites. I still wish I was in a band...
I might not ever get over that fantasy.
Tomorrow I have two interviews with two different hiring agencies in the area. What to wear? I hope they go well. And even if they don't my new bf, monster.com, will there to comfort me when I get home.
A lyrics collage to Mae's new single "Just Let Go":
No comments:
Post a Comment