Saturday, November 10, 2007

Inter-Office mail

My first piece of inter-office mail at work came from Michelle. And it came on November 1. The day before, Halloween, I had candy on my desk to celebrate. So, throughout the day, about 80% of the people in my office came to my desk to pick up some candy corn or peanut butter cups. When Michelle came to my desk, she noticed that I had a metal bin on my desk.
She asked me if it was for mail.
'I don't get any mail,' I told her.
'Why not?'
'I don't have any reason to get mail.'
The next day I received an 'anonymous' piece of inter-office mail, from Michelle, with a drawing that said 'Becky <3's JNF'. It was adorable and really sweet of her.
I worked on something to send back to her: 3 post-it drawings (one of a circus, one of a pirate ship...and the third one I can't remember) in a HUGE envelope.
While I was working on my return gift for Michelle I sent Debbie a card that said "what a cool chick" with a little chick made out of post-its on it. And I sent Miriam another inter-office mail card with a sheep made out of scrap paper.
Miriam brought down a sign with my name on it to lunch one day and I immediately hung it on my desk.
Debbie inter-office mailed me a post-it with 'ghetto' looking flowers on them. That 'ghetto' is her phrase, not mine.
So I came up with the idea to draw a REAL ghetto flower and mail it back to her. My 'ghetto flower' was wearing grills, holding a pimp juice goblet, sporting a band-aid under his eye, a few chains with ice on them, some baggy pants and timbz.
Then, Erin was having a bad day at work so I drew her a post-it picture of 'calming things' and handed it to her as she was leaving the office on Thursday.

This is what I do at my job. I mean, I also print out letters that need to be mailed and then make envelope labels so the letters are mailed in an official, nice-looking, JNF way. I answer the phones and look up donor information for my boss. I go to lunch and chat.

And I chat a lot more now. My desk has become a chatty place. I have the usual visits from people when they're getting their coffee on the second floor. I also now have random people who work in the building like the director of the womens' campaign (who ( hear is a big bitch and who for some reason likes to talk to me) and the guy who coordinates all of our mailings. The interns like to stop and tell me what's going on with them too. I guess I'm easy to talk to. I guess I'm fitting in-YAY!

So that's what's going on with work.

In other news, I don't think I can go to any more concerts because I'm: too old, too "not scene" and too "I don't like the smell of pot/pot being blown in my face". At the Motion City Soundtrack/Anberlin/Mae concert I went to last night with Katelyn I had an OK time but not as fun of a time as I usually have. Normally when I go to concerts I get REALLY excited beforehand and leave feeling very happy. Last night I was just irritated by all the kids making out literally 2 inches from me and all the kids smoking joints next to me and blowing the smoke in my face. I mean, if you're going to smoke pot in a public place fine, but BLOW up or smoke in a group a.k.a. not right next to people who aren't smoking. I left the concert smelling like I'd gone swimming in a bong.

I guess there's more stuff going on but I don't really feel like writing anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! you sound fun to work with. it´s like phon a thon post its upgraded. youre so popular! hehe